store

Friday, February 5, 2010

My first blog entry!

This is my first blog entry, woohoo!  I actually had to really sit and think what I should make it about, what I even want to make this blog about.  After a shower, where admittedly I do my best thinking, I figured I'd make it about what all my online activities are about.  MONEY!  Who doesn't love money right?  But I also believe as with everything about me, it has to be fluid, I never really stay the same.  If someone would have told me 7 years ago I'd be a stay at home mom, I would have laughed them out of town!  But I digress, I decided to write my first blog post about something that surprised me.

This morning I logged into my email to confirm my cashout request at Swagbucks, I click the link and I'm takin to my "earning records".  With this pending payment of $5 I've made $40 and received a $5 amazon gift card in the 9 months I've been doing Swagbucks.  I guess I should explain that Swagbucks is a search engine similar to Google, but earn Swag Bucks randomly when you search.  You can then use those to cash out for cool prizes and gift cards.  The total effort spend is maybe a minute per Swagbuck.  It's very simple and I've got $45 in prizes, that isn't bad is it?

I've even got a couple friends into the Swagging mode!  It seems crazy to me now to search and not be rewarded.  I am glad that Swagbucks is holding strong and I believe going to be around to give me lots more money!  :0)

If you want to join there is a "Swidget" at the top of the right side, just click join.  It is free and really does pay!

Thanks for sticking thru my first blog post - they will get more interesting I promise.  This was just a test, I repeat this was just a test!  ;0)

8 comments:

  1. HELLOOOOOO! Welcome to blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gwen - is there a roller coaster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I became a follower yesterday (jsine or j frugalmom r) at Gather. I am the only one of your followers without an image...I simply cannot figure out how to become a part of the blogging world with my photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heather! Thanks!

    Frugal Mom - congrats on entry 9 - If it makes you feel better it took FOREVER to get my image to work. I don't know how or what I did but it's there now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow your blog. I am Sally g. from gather.
    My email is strawberry_sweetheart@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry my email address came out wrong. Sally g.
    Email address is strawberry_sweetheart39@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete